all that matters...

in this blog we publish everything that seems to be important for us + everything that - we think- we have to show the world.
artie stuff, serious stuff, funny stuff, silly stuff, and our stuff...

this is all work in progress...first it was supposed to be an art blog...now it also became a start blog for all the creativity we have captured inside ourselves for such a long time...and a support blog for other creative minds...


NaToL video bar

the little clips you can also see on you tube , are created by django cherubimu to entertain YOU!!!
he is one of the founder members of NaToL.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

hihi

it is tuesday once again, and in celebration of it being tuesday i thought another piece of a story was in order!!


here we go, the next part of the ghost story


She grabbed out her phone and flipped it open.
“Joyce, hi. How did you know I was here already?”
“Well I called your phone a little while ago and got no answer, so I tried the realtor’s office and she said that she had just left you at the house.”
“She is strange, she practically threw the keys at me and ran. I am supposed to meet her in the morning to sign the paperwork.” Lucy said as she rounded the stairs.
“Well, I might know why she ran so fast.”
“Oh yeah, why?”
“After I talked to you yesterday I called the realtors office to let them know what time you would be there, and the secretary told me the house is haunted.” Joyce sounded amused.
“Haunted, that is silly. This house is not haunted, it is beautiful, and Joyce you have got to see this place. When are you coming out?” Lucy stood in the upper landing before venturing into the bedrooms.
“I have to get all of the paintings packed up and delivered, and then I will be out.”
“I can’t wait, but um, Joyce I am gonna go, I will see you in a few days, ok?”
As Lucy closed the phone she walked into the smaller of the 3 bedrooms, it would make a nice geust room, unlike the downstairs this room was not furnished. Lucy was looking forward to buying new furniture. The second bedroom had the upper part of the tower, and as the first was unfurnished. As Lucy started across the hall to the master bedroom she stopped. She thought she heard someone say her name, but decided it was only the wind. The master bedroom was huge, and was surprised to find the room full of furniture. A huge 4 poster bed sat in front of a window looking out onto the property, and a dressing table stood in the space between the door and bathroom. A small couch was by the other window in the room and a table next to it. The bathroom was almost as big as the bedroom, with a walk in closet.
“Shoot, I’ll have to buy more clothes to go in here.” She smiled to herself. As she turned to go back into the bedroom she saw a woman standing by the bed, Lucy screamed and put her hand to her chest, “Oh geeze, you scared me.” She panted.
“Sorry Ms. Peppermill, I didn’t mean to startle you. I called your name out from downstairs.”
“Oh, I thought I was imagining that, sorry, you must be Mrs. Collran.” Lucy greeted the older woman.
“Yes, I can come everyday to help with the cooking and cleaning, if you like. If not I will just come to tend the garden and greenhouse.”
“Oh, well, since it is just me here, I don’t think there will be much cleaning to do, but I would enjoy the company.” Lucy smiled.
“Alright then, would you like a sandwich?” Mrs. Collran asked.
“Uh sure, but I haven’t bought any food yet.” Lucy answered.
“Dear, I do all the shopping, and I thought to stock up on a few things before you got here, I know how it can be after a long trip.” The housekeeper said as she started down the stairs.
“That was nice of you, but I will pay you back for that.” Lucy tried to keep up with the small woman.
“Think nothing of it, dear. But if you like from now on, I’ll let you pay for the groceries,” Mrs. Collran smiled at Lucy as they walked through the family room.
“Yeah, that’d be ok.” Lucy laughed. As Lucy sat down in the breakfast nook she again smelled the flowers from the greenhouse.
“Mrs. Collran, did you plant all those flowers?”
“No, Mr. Karo did. He lived here with his wife about 100 years ago.” Mrs. Collran said as she opened the refrigerator.
“100 years ago, this house doesn’t look that old, and if Mr. Karo built the house, why is it called Formont House?.” Lucy said, shocked.
“No, it has been remodeled through the years, but the greenhouse has never been touched. Formont is the maiden name of Mr. Karo’s wife, and the name just stuck I guess. This house has seen so much. My grandmother worked here as a child, until she died, my mother did also. This house is in my blood. I love it. Even if I didn’t get paid to be here, I would be here.” Mrs. Collran handed Lucy her sandwich and sat next to her.
“Wow, this place must have a lot of history. Oh thank you.” Lucy said as she took the sandwich and was trying to figure out how to approach the subject of the house being haunted as she took a bite.
“Well, that it does, and some people think it is haunted.” It was like the housekeeper read her mind. “A lot of people from around here say that, just because the house has changed hands so much, at least since Mr. Karo died.”
“Really, “Lucy finished her bite and went on, “cause I don’t believe in ghosts.”
“Me neither dear. I will let you finish your lunch, I am going to water the flowers.” Mrs. Collran went into the greenhouse and Lucy was left with her thoughts.

No comments: